Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What' love got to do with it?


What’s love got to do with it?

What's love got to do with it? Remember that song? 
When it's hard and I'm angry with someone, there are times when I know God has called me to love them, and I want to say, "But God what's love got to do with it, with how they have treated me, with how they have hurt me, or other people that I love, where was love when that happened?" 

My attitude is not one of love but of hurt, and anger. I think it's righteous indignation. I think I have a right to feel this way. But then I look at Jesus. He had a right too. He had a reason. He choose love. When he said, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do" He could have said, "Dad, could you dish out some discipline on these heathens, even if they don't understand what they are doing, it's still wrong, and it still hurts" He could have, he had a right, he had a reason, he chose love. and not just any love, but a lay down his life, bridge the chasm of law, kind of love. He chose love, what makes me think I have a right to choose anything else?


jesus death statue

No comments:

Post a Comment