Thursday, January 3, 2013

I don't know, I say that a lot


I don’t have all the answers. I don’t even have most of them. I usually have more questions than anything. Why do people smile and shake their head when asked how they are? Why do I always put my pants on the same way every day? Why does one windshield wiper on my van always work better than the other one, and the one that works better is on the passenger side?

I don’t know. I say that a lot.  I wish I was smarter. I’m not an imbecile but I’m not brilliant either (I just had to do spell check on imbecile and brilliant and I got them both wrong case in point) but there is one thing I know. I know people. I can read them pretty well. I have always had that gift. I listen well. I’m also not afraid to look stupid. I think both of these gifts have served me well in my life. I laugh a lot, mostly at myself. I take joy in crazy trivial things that most people don’t take notice of at all. I like that about myself.

Why does any of this matter? I don’t know. I say that a lot.  I’m a bottom line kind of girl, so let me bottom line it for you. There are things we all wish were different about ourselves, but love looks for the good.  Look for the good in yourself, then share it with someone to brighten their day. Love looks for the good, even in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment