Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Way Things Use To Be


The Way Things Use To Be

Galatians 2:1-10

Some bullet points on these verses:

  • Paul goes to Jerusalem-the mega Jewish home place. It says he was with Barnabus and took Titus. Interesting the wording here. Did Titus need taking? Titus was a Gentile, Barnabus was Jewish. Hmmmmmm…?

  • He then talks to some people privately. Titus was not circumcised. Some spy's somehow found this out…um yea I have no idea how they would find that out!  But they were not happy about it. The Judaizers of the group wanted people to still follow the old covenant and live under the new one as well. It was hard for them to let go of the way things used to be.

  • Paul also says in verse 2 that he went to Jerusalem because God showed him.  Paul was led by God to go to a not so popular place for Christians.

  • In verse 6 Paul was not intimidated to speak to important people. It says it made no difference to him. He didn’t change his message because the “important” people showed up.
  
How can I obey?
Paul was led by God. Am I led by God to talk about the hard things to people who may not want to hear it?

How am I like the Judaizers who were bent on “the way things used to be?”

Are there times when I cater my message because I want to impress people instead of obeying God?

No comments:

Post a Comment